Tuesday, September 20, 2005

don't you dare hold back

How has everyone been doing?

I actually typed an entry which never appeared.
I'll try recalling what I typed!

I was just sitting in the kitchen, listening to the sharing going on.
What a way to end friday. Not in a negative way, of course.
As the sharing went along, I suddenly heard
what my brother was talking about.
Hearing what he had to say, made me realise that I'm just like my brother.
Not exactly but we think alike, we feel alike.
We go crazy at the most, unearthly hours.
And I realised, I enjoy every minute spent with this person
whom I've known all my Life.

The experience of hearing how the older ones cope with their life, how they juggle all that they have on their hands. It's amazing.
That just showed how much they chose to rely on God.
Clarence, who taught me how to trust God, whole-heartedly.
How he shared about how God worked when he chose to surrender.
And he didn't know he taught me all this.
Chen Xi, who made so much sense even through his comical and sometimes, senseless statements. It really opened my ears and my heart.

A little bit of, Tuesdays With Morrie.

Accept what you are able to do and what you are not able to do.
Accept the past as past, without denying it or discarding it.
Learn to forgive yourself and to forgive others.


And like Nicky often says, Love always wins.

Truth is, once you learn how to die,
you learn how to live. Learn how to die, and you learn how to live.


How true, how true. Learning to die to yourself, is a hard thing to do.
But in Christ, all things are possible :)

When the going starts to get rough,
And you feel like you've had enough,


Hang on tight to your faith. Hang on to what you believe in.
Most importantly, trust.
Trust in God, who loves you. Who chose to lay His life down, just for you :)

FEEL THE LOVE. EMBRACE THE LOVE. And then, SHARE THE LOVE :)

Now, Patch Adams. I know it's the exam season but as I was having dinner,
Patch Adams was showing on tvee.
Not that I was tempted but, I took a break.
I guess within each and every one of us, we've lost sight of what it truly means to love. Who says it's impossible to love strangers? All the more, someone who you probably knew for a second or a minute.
It's amazing how the human touch works.
It doesn't only mean physical touch. It means an inner touch too.
I'm sure we all agree that people have touched lives, including our own.
People, make life really special :) Thank God for creating ManKind.
For Man, Woman, Men, Women. Life's short and unpredictable,
but with the people, it's all worth the cost.

Let life count for Jesus :) By loving the people He loves!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home